Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Just thought I'd share these beauties that I had forwarded from the UK to here in the US so I could decorate my living room a bit :)

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love the design of the neos and these are particularly easy for use here in the US because they don't require any re-wiring or a step up converter. The DC adapter they came with accepts 100-240V and I just had to get a non-polarized cord to plug the bricks into the outlet. I've got them set up on a wifi controlled outlet with a timer so they don't run longer than the manufacturer's recommended 6hrs of use. The color is so vibrant and the quality of the glass is really a cut above the other US ones I have, not that those are bad in any way. 

SWEET!!!

There seems to be a surprising lack of a general consensus about the Neo lamps, even with them having been around for a few years now. Some people rave about them, others complain they don’t flow properly, have shoddy quality and clarity issues with the coating applied to the glass.




I don’t know what to believe...



:-/

I have a pair and love them

I've heard a few things from a guy on reddit about his neo bottles' coating being easily scratched. I guess they're coated to be shatter proof/kid friendly, and that coating can be easily scratched. He also said that he'd picked up all the color combo bottles and that his pink wax/violet liquid didn't flow well, but I've not had the same experience with my wall units. They seem to be well made, the bottles are clearer than any American lamp I've ever had. 

lampfancy said:

There seems to be a surprising lack of a general consensus about the Neo lamps, even with them having been around for a few years now. Some people rave about them, others complain they don’t flow properly, have shoddy quality and clarity issues with the coating applied to the glass.




I don’t know what to believe...



:-/

Had been toying with the idea of getting a Neo recently, but was a bit put off by all of the negative feedback, I’m sure I have read that the plastic coating on the bottle can deteriorate/ become hazy over time.



How do you find the violet/pink colurway? - I thought it looked like it could be interesting/ different, but some report it looks virtually identical to the more common violet/ red.

Being that this is my first Mathmos, I can't compare the colors to others just yet, but all I can say is the photos don't do the brilliance justice IMO. Like i tried my best to boost the contrast/balance on the image I posted to get it as close to what I see in person as possible, but it's still not quite as brilliant. 

I honestly don't have any complaints thus far. They're the most beautiful lava lamps I've owned. Though the telstar I've just ordered might change that heheh

lampfancy said:

Had been toying with the idea of getting a Neo recently, but was a bit put off by all of the negative feedback, I’m sure I have read that the plastic coating on the bottle can deteriorate/ become hazy over time.



How do you find the violet/pink colurway? - I thought it looked like it could be interesting/ different, but some report it looks virtually identical to the more common violet/ red.

I'm totally happy with my mathmos collection
The quality and flow is superb 

Was a bit confused about the violet/pink colourway as some photos online seem to make it look very pink, others purple, whereas in some it just looks red, of course the colours don't always come out accurately on camera - which would you say best describes the colour when lit?

I guess...the photos on the mathmos website are pretty close, but in person it's maybe a bit cooler in color temperature, slightly more purple (not much) and overall just more saturated. I usually have mine on in the evening, so the purple liquid gives way to the pink glow. It's very intense! 

lampfancy said:

Was a bit confused about the violet/pink colourway as some photos online seem to make it look very pink, others purple, whereas in some it just looks red, of course the colours don't always come out accurately on camera - which would you say best describes the colour when lit?

They look great your pretty lucky, neither of my 2 Pink / Violet bottles flow at all they just melt and sit at the bottom so they will be returned :( 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Support Oozing Goo

By using the eBay button above, you support OG if you purchase anything. Thanks for thinking of us. Mark Goo

© 2020   Created by Mark Goo.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service