Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Problems & Questions (2,506)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Any solution to this flow issue?

Hi all, I have a 90s USA lamp with some strange flow. I have uploaded photos below; The majority of the melted wax tends to stay in a dome…

Started by KS

9 Jul 17, 2021
Reply by KittenChops

Food coloring?

How effective is food coloring to color the masterfluid? Does it fade? Does it bleed into the wax and change its color?

Started by KittenChops

5 Jul 13, 2021
Reply by Tevfik Dogruman

Mathmos issue

I have an old astrobaby which liquid went down a bit so I've added some filtered water in it but in the process I've obviously changed the…

Started by IdOrU 02

7 Jul 8, 2021
Reply by Claude J

Goo-Kit Refurbishing & Streaking

Browsing OG and looking for discussions, user experiences, and solutions to this, I found a few short discussions on users photos, but noth…

Started by Peter W

4 Jul 6, 2021
Reply by Peter W

Potential Dangers of Dimmers?

Hey guys, I recently acquired a plug in dimmer and attached it into my 1975 Carlisle for a few hours over the span of an afternoon. Just a…

Started by M

2 Jun 27, 2021
Reply by Arne

Lava lamp is running at the proper temp, but the wax blobs still linger at the top

This is the same lamp ive been trying to figure out for a little bit, my blue/yellow psychedelic swirl. It doesnt just form into one glob a…

Started by Fin Crowe

0 Jun 25, 2021

Has anyone tried Wd-40 in place of brakleen?

I know brakleen is pure perc, and wd isnt, im just curious what the results were, especially since red label brakleen is becoming ever-inc…

Started by Fin Crowe

1 Jun 11, 2021
Reply by Autumn

master liquid colour refresh

One of my globes (Mathmos) is turning quite faded and I'd been pondering trying to refresh the colour of the master fluid a bit.  I've seen…

Started by MonsoonStorm

0 Jun 6, 2021

Lava flowing without salt?

Hi people. Here's the thing: i filled 2 wax bottles with distilled water and added drops of washing dish liquid. I didn't add epsom salt. S…

Started by Zapiao

1 May 31, 2021
Reply by Autumn

Copper Crestworth Astro Mk4.

Hi all, could anyone please identify this lamp and tell me also if a current mathmos astro bottle would fit? Thank you! John

Started by John Davies

3 May 30, 2021
Reply by Johnny

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service