Oozing Goo - The Lava Lamp Syndicate

Problems & Questions (2,500)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Wax sitting on Coil

Not really sure what's going on with this. I've tried a few coils and they all do this- the wax just sits on top of them. It doesn't break…

Started by Mattgyver92

9 Aug 6, 2022
Reply by Claude J

Neo Shatterproof coating removal

I was wondering if anyone had tried removing this coating.  I've read that it scratches quite easily so I was wondering about having a go w…

Started by MonsoonStorm

6 Aug 1, 2022
Reply by itsblue

Hunter glitter strands clumping and sticking

Hi All, recently purchased a Hunter lamp with the strands of glitter. I have 4 Crestworth Glitterlites and 4 Living Jewels, but this is my…

Started by Martin

0 Jul 24, 2022

Fixing a Vintage Lamp's Electrical Base

I have a Haggerty lamp whose base no longer works. I'd hate to throw it out and try to replace it since bases are coming as hard to find as…

Started by Mickey-D

3 Jul 4, 2022
Reply by Claude J

What tha stuck!?

So, I have a lamp that I replaced the master fluid in, I’ve used 70% h20 and 30%P.G. I coated the globe with a good 50/50 mix of SLS, poure…

Started by Jsmooth

9 Jun 27, 2022
Reply by Claude J

Mottled Wax & Corrosion Issues

One of the main issues I'm trying to address with my lamp builds is the wax appearance. Maybe with the newest batch of wax that I mixed wit…

Started by Mattgyver92

4 Jun 27, 2022
Reply by Claude J

Recurring Wax Seperation in Crestworth Astro

I have a vintage orange Crestworth Astro with copper base and cap. I believe it's an MK4. I don't know if it's just the age of the lamp, bu…

Started by Michael Strong

3 Jun 19, 2022
Reply by Michael Strong

Spring replacement

Helpful Hint. if you lose the spring from the globe when restoring it, you can always use stainless steel wire mesh screen. The bigger the…

Started by Claude J

2 Jun 13, 2022
Reply by Claude J

Replacement fluid for living jewel

Hi All, I have recently picked up a living jewel where the liquid appears to have taken on a greenish hue. It runs really well and you don'…

Started by Martin

0 Jun 8, 2022

How do you package your lamps when moving?

When you aren't using the box it came in, how do you package your lava lamps when you're planning to move? Do you keep each lamp together o…

Started by Stephanie

3 May 27, 2022
Reply by Claude J

RSS

About

Autumn created this Ning Network.

GooHeads

Groups

© 2024   Created by Autumn.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service